OLEANDER

7:56 PM

Have had the images from the Sara Phillips A/W '13 lookbook on my laptop for almost a month now...finally they are on the blog. I hadn't got around to it, meaning to go off and research the back story to this collection, titled 'Oleander'.

Now I've found out that the gorgeous prints that appear in Sara Phillip's beautiful collection were sourced from a dude called Earnest Haeckel, some nineteenth century professor who did some scientific drawings which are pretty incred. The intricate nature illustrations were mirrored and splashed across fluid frocks, cool wave hemmed mini skirts and pyjama-like pants. This is the result!


















This collection, according to Phillips herself, is more mature than previous collections. It "explores the allure of darkness, deliberately drawing on the vulnerable realities of our world" — like the pretty but poisonous flower the collection is named after. I'm a big fan of Sara Phillips' signature prints the last few seasons - and you can totally also order prints of the Haeckel illustrations to hang on your wall. Time to go and match my clothing to my house decor! Woo I'm such a cool cat :D

What do you guys think about using ("borrowing") prints to put on clothing? I think it's a great way to weave a story into a collection.

To view stockists for Sara Phillips, click here.

x x Stace

FACEBOOK // TWITTER // FOLLOW
TUMBLR // INSTAGRAM: @teeandfame



Ph. from fashionising.com & art.com!

You Might Also Like

2 comments, send me more!

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

warehouse ss14, warehouse australia

Flickr Images